Thursday, July 16, 2015

An Altered Clock with "Tracey's Artful Adventure!" from Scraps of Darkness

Hello there! So glad you could stop by! Today I want to share my altered alarm clock using the goodies from my Namesake kit,"Tracey's Artful Adventure", the July Scraps of Darkness kit.
I've a had a silver retro style alarm clock that I found at a thrift store, sitting dismantled on my scrap desk and awaiting inspiration. When I opened this kit full of my favorite colors and lots of wings and clocks and lace and immediately started creating!


I started by painting all the silver parts with off white chalk paint. Using the script tissue paper from the kit, I mod-podged it over the 
clock, then did some sanding and distress inking.




The large chipboard is by Blue Fern Studios and from the kit-I used gessos and glitters from the add-ons for dimensions. I added beaded greenery and leftover elements from previous kits. 


Lots of BoBunny die cuts and embellishments in this kit to perfectly coordinate your projects. Here I added pearls from the creativity kit to embellish the "time flies" chipboard element. The lovely lace from the kit was wrapped and glued around the clock to add softness and cohesion.I borrowed the feathers from the Scraps of Elegance kit and touched the flowers and other elements with gesso and light glitter.
Have something hanging around that you never got around to altering-well, get this kit and get gluing! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

nattyboots said...

Wonderful ! fantastic work of art.
Elaine H X